We want to assure you that we take the health and well-being of our community, patients, and associates very seriously. Like you, we’re closely monitoring the quickly developing effects of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we had temporarily closed our office to protect our patients, our staff, and the public.
However, in accordance with guidance from state and federal governmental authorities, as well as medical society recommendations, we are now offering in-person appointments again. We are still also providing remote telemedicine visits as well.
You will notice some changes at your next appointment:
- Our office will contact you before your visit to ask some screening questions.
- We will require you to wear a mask or face covering to the office.
- We will be taking each patient’s temperature upon entry to the office with a non-contact digital thermometer.
- We may ask that you wait in your car until you are called by our office staff that an exam room is cleaned and ready for you.
- Appointments will be organized to allow for social distancing so there may be fewer appointment times available than in the past.
- Only the person with the appointment may enter the office, or a maximum of one parent or aide may enter with patients for whom it is required.
- Due to national shortages of PPE and to conserve PPE for the future, we will be limiting any unnecessary interaction between the patient and providers/staff and limiting certain non-essential procedures.
We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and will follow guidance from public health officials and government agencies, so we can continue to support our patients and community.
For more information about COVID-19 and what you can do to keep healthy and safe, visit the Centers for Disease Control at cdc.gov and the New York State Dept of Health at health.ny.gov.
We know this has been a challenging time for everyone, but rest assured that we are working tirelessly to ensure your health and safety. Together we will get through this and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Drs. Liebergall, Paskowski, Berger, Narula & Team
Ophthalmic Consultants of Rockland